Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sleepless Night

Lately I have been on this kick of watching 'Sleepless in Seattle' in the mornings whilst I get ready for work.  I usually start it mid-movie when Annie(Meg Ryan) is in her car driving to meet Walter's(Bill Pullman)family down in the Washington D.C area.  If you haven't seen the movie Annie and Walter are engaged to be married and they are driving to visit his family for Christmas.  When is a pre-destined moment Annie happens to be listening to the Dr. Marsha Fieldstone show on Network America and hears Sam Baldwin(Tom Hanks) and Jonah Baldwin(real name unknown) discussing how Sam needs a new wife and how he is 'Sleepless in Seattle'.
Not a very good synopsis of the movie but you get the point.  Anyway, I love this movie!  I could recite it for you right here, right now, if I didn't think it would be super boring to read lines from a movie I'm quite sure a majority of you have seen at least once. 
There is a line in the movie that I think is totally applicable to my life and it is given by Rosie O' Donnell's character, whose character name, even now, fails me.  Rosie tells Annie (Meg Ryan) that she (Annie) doesn't want to be in love she wants to be in love in a movie!!  That pretty much sums me up.  I don't want to be in love, I want to be in love in a movie.  Because somehow even amidst all of the trial and tribulation the characters seem to go through there is always resolution, and ultimately love.  Now, I just need to find a great leading man...a Jim Halpert if you will.  :) 
Tonight after work I went and had some dinner at The Grind here in town.  It is a burger bar that is located down by the airport and the Las Vegas strip.  My friend Tyler works there so I went and ate and caught up with things going on in his life and then headed to my movie.  I went to see M. Night Shyamalan's new thriller movie 'Devil'.  Now, I will admit that I normally don't see scary movies but after spending about an hour reading the reviews and learning it is more of a thriller than an actual scary movie I decided I needed to see it.  So, I did.  It was a really great movie with great acting mixed with some thrills that it kept you guessing.  Well, at least, it kept me guessing.  I enjoyed the underlying theme to the movie which(in my opinion) is good always prevails over evil.  Even if that is not what Mr. Shyamalan meant for it to be I walked away with that in my head. 
I'm blessed to know that their is a God and that things happen for a reason.  That we were sent here for a purpose and didn't just randomly show up one day.  I know that my Redeemer, Jesus Christ, lives and that he loves us and he wants us to succeed.  Good will ALWAYS prevail we just need to remember that at all times, and in all things, and in all places. 
I apologize for the sporadic nature of this note...have a great night!  Talk to ya tomorrow.


Love, Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment