Friday, December 3, 2010

Stalker

Every month I am in charge of getting our patient recall cards printed, divided, stamped, and eventually mailed to our patients.  Each month I follow the simple steps (that I even have written down to avoid any problems) to print out the correct cards.  Apparently I had pissed the recall card Gods off because they printed out wrong.  Inexplicably, they were wrong.  I was mystified because I had done it exactly they way I have done it for 6 years!  My colleagues and I thought we would be able to stick a blank, white, sticker over the majority of the incorrect print, stamp our logo, apply the post card stamps, and call it a finished task.  Unfortunately, I have OCD.  Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, a mental illness resulting in persistent illogical fears and ideas, and often, particular habits created and followed out so as to avoid the fears and anxiety they cause.  My OCD did not kick in until after we had stamped a majority of the cards when I realized that they looked like crap.  I mean they looked like something some ghetto Mom and Pop Optical shop would send out and I instinctively knew that my boss would not like them.  True to form, he saw the cards and inquired as to what happened.  I explained that I had done it the same way I always do etc... Long story, made longer, is that it wasn't really my fault but I had to remove the post card stamps and stick them onto new postcards and hand write the names, addresses, etc.  A job that takes me normally 20 minutes turned into a two day debacle.  Whatever....it's done, thank goodness.

I have come to the conclusion this evening that I'm a blog stalker.  I just absolutely enjoy reading about other people's lives and what they are doing, who they are dating, where they are working etc.  This is coming from someone who reads her own blogs over and over again, ad nauseum critiquing every little word and hoping that the raw emotion that I'm feeling whilst I type is actually coming through to the reader.  To those who I blog stalk...thank you for sharing a little piece of who you are with me, and the world, everyday. 

I have an announcement...eh hem...I need to find a date for New Year's Eve 2010.  I refuse to be the third wheel with my cousin and her boyfriend.  I love them but I don't want them to feel responsible to entertain me the whole night.  So, I am accepting applications as of now for any eligible bachelors whom would like to bring in 2011 with me.  I have a couple people, ok 3 people, in mind and I'm hoping that one of them will step up to the plate.  A good time will be had by all...you don't want to miss out on this opportunity.   Deadline for applications if you are outside of the state of NV is: 12.27.2010.  Deadline for applications within the state of NV is: 12.24.2010 at midnight on both dates.    If you have any questions please contact: Andi Empey via Facebook or by leaving a comment on her blog. :) 

I am on the precipice of falling asleep whilst sitting at the computer.  Must go to bed, now. 

Love, Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment