Monday, July 19, 2010

Norfolk,VA cont...

rudeeinletparasail.com

Ok, so I'm gonna try and wrap up my trip for you as quickly as I can because I need to be better at posting on here.  I landed in Norfolk at 9 am give or take and Angie and Reuben were there to pick me up.  We went from the airport over to IHOP were we ate copious amounts of eggs, pancakes, hash browns, and of course, diet coke. ha! 
That first day we didn't do too terribly much we just kinda chilled at Reuben's house watching movies and baking.  Reuben's birthday is on the 4th of July and so while he was taking a nap we decorated the apartment in Batman birthday paraphernalia and made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  They were delish!!! 
On the 4th of July we went Para sailing on the Atlantic Ocean for Reuben's birthday! It was the absolute best time ever.  One of the best parts of the whole para sailing experience was the guy on board.  Holy crow he was very good looking.  They explained how we do the whole para sailing thing and then when there would be people coming down getting ready to land back on the boat...Mr. Hottie would stand up on the bow and grab a bar above his head and do these pull up things to show the people that they needed to bring their legs up high for the landing.  Oh Geez!  It was the best thing ever.  It made my morning. lol 
After surviving our para sailing adventure we went and ate breakfast on the coast line and then we went and spent some time at the local bar...The Sandy Beaver.  lol  Talking with the local bartenders and just being stupid and wasting time.  That night we watched fireworks down on the water and ate at an Irish Pub.  It was the perfect day. 
That Monday (which came way too quickly) we went and ate at Pocahontas Pancakes and then went to the beach.  I love Virginia Beach with all of my heart.  One of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. 
Sadly, that day ended much too soon and I had to go to the airport.  I was able to fly home without any problems and was sad, but glad, to be home.  I can't wait to go back! 
I have included some pictures so that you can kind of get an idea of what it was like.
I hope you are all having a fabulous week and I can't wait to talk to you again. 
Good night, Sleep Tight.

Love, Andi

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Andi! I really want to go to Virginia Beach now! I am so glad you had a good 4th of July! Sweet! See ya soon :)

    ReplyDelete