Saturday, July 24, 2010

Unwritten

Ok, this is a first for me. I'm writing to you on my iPhone in my hotel room in Provo, Utah. Yes, I'm in Provo,again. :). This is actually my second visit to this college town in two weeks. We came up last weekend to spend time with my little sister while her roommate was out of town and now we are here to celebrate pioneer day. Quick side note on pioneer day: the LDS church celebrates the day that the pioneers of our religion came into the salt lake city valley. There is always a parade, pancake breakfasts, and fireworks. It's like a huge continuation of the 4th of July. It's pretty cool.

So, here I sit in my hotel room with my mom in the bed next to me and the sofa bed ready for my little brother...yay! (thumbs way down) I generally like to stay by myself bt apparently nobody seems to understand why I might want a little privacy. It's not like I'm still living at home or anything. Ha ha ha!!!
The one thing that I despise the most about coming to Provo is the 'memory factor'. Today has been a 'let's remember about Mr. Darcy day.'. From the moment the tires in our car rolled into the Utah valley I started to remember. Ok, I actually think I started remembering last night. As I was drifting to sleep last night I looked at my phone and I saw it was July 22 and immediately my brain said 'two months ago, exactly, Mr. Darcy held your hand.' I think that is what started this Mr. Darcy ball rolling.
I digress...I've been thinking about him ad nauseum and I couldn't take it anymore and so I text him. I know you are thinking....WHY?!?!? The only answer is that I just had to. I just sent a quick 'hi, how's it going'. He text me back and that's all I'm gonna say. :). Of course I'll let you know if anything develops, but I'm not holding my breath. I keep repeating my mantra...if it's meant to be it'll be.
Today I also booked my hotel room in Washington, D.C for the Glenn Beck 8/28 freedom rally. I'll be staying at The Madison, a Loews resort. I will be five blocks from the white house and not much farther from the Lincoln memorial where the rally is going to be. I'm so excited!! Now I just need to purchase my airfare and I will be set to go. I'm also going to contact the bishop of the singles ward out there to see about meeting up with some people.
I'm tired and I know that I have just been writing random, non-sensical sentences for about a half hour. Lol. I'm greatful to you, my friends, and for the opportunity hat we have to make things happen in our own lives. The past is in the past but....the future is still unwritten.

Love, Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment