Friday, August 27, 2010

Going,going, GONE!!!

Good evening, and greetings, from The Madison hotel in Washington D.C!

Today has been an extremely long day and I'm grateful for the time I have to sit in my hotel room and write this blog and an email to someone that has recently come into my life. I will touch on that in just a minute. :)

Last night (Thursday) we were dropped off at the airport and boarded our flight to Newark, new jersey. I will say that I held back and did not write on my facebook status that "I'm going to jersey shore bitch!!" even though I desperately wanted to say that. Lol Anyway, the flight was horrible!! We flew via Continental and it felt like we were sardines in a can. We had the option to purchase Direct TV(which, I did) and I watched 'The Jersey Shore' and then the 'Rachel Zoe' project. That took up a whopping two hours of the four hour flight. Which at that point I tried falling asleep but was incredibly unsucessfull. Suffice it to say I was happy to land safely in Newark.

Once we were in Newark we booked it to our connecting flight gate and once we got there we grabbed a bit to eat at 'The Brewhouse'. How appropriate is that? Lol. We grubbed down some panini sandwiches and potatoes, paid the server, and waited for our flight. When we finally got on the plane I could barely keep my eyes open. Kelli, my sister, said "andi, there is the New York skyline" I pried open my eyes long enough to say hello to my favorite city even though I've never been there and then I passed out.

Arriving in D.C we walked into the terminal and it felt like we had walked into a library and not a busy airport. Literally, there was the distant noise of CNN but that was it. Very strange. We got our bags and then hailed a taxi. Wow, we sound so citi-fied. :) Our cab driver was soo cool!! He was this little Asian man and he was pointing out the different monuments and telling us that we should come back in April to see the cherry blossoms. He also told us that none of the buildings could be higher than the capital building. He also told us not to go past the Capitol building because it's "like Africa" his words, not mine. Lol. He dropped us off at our hotel where I has been told on numerous ocassions that we could check in early to be able to sleep. Well, that didn't happen. They gave us some song and dance about how they try and accomodate early check-ins but they had overbooked the night before. So, Kelli and I sat down on a couch that faced the front desk, and miraculously, they got us into a room pretty fast.

To be continued....I must write that email which is going to someone I met online(I know, you're shocked!) but he's really cool. I think we will call him...rexburg. Which, maybe my next trip will be to Idaho. I'll write more hopefully tomorrow. I love you all!

Love, andi

No comments:

Post a Comment