Thursday, June 17, 2010

Maddie

The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.

Frustratingly, I keep looking back. I keep thinking that one month ago I was getting ready to go to Utah to see Mr. Darcy. In fact, the exact memory goes like this...
It's Thursday night on May 20, 2010 and The Times Talks live is hosting the creators of LOST to discuss the series and the impending finale. Being the LOST fanatic that I am I purchase my $13.50 ticket via fandango on my iphone and begin driving. I drove down boulder highway with excitement bubbling within my being like water boiling on a stove. Excitement for the LOST discussion and to see Mr. Darcy was more than I could handle. I couldn't have been happier...

Speaking of memories, let me share one more...
2 years ago on June 17,2008 Madisen Brooke Empey was born!! Maddie is the daughter of my Brother(spencer) and Sister-in-law(Erin) and my very first niece!! I will never forget the way I felt when I saw her gorgeous face(via text message) for the very first time. I knew immediately that I loved her and would do anything for her. She was a breach baby and had to be delivered via c-section. Heavenly Father sure blessed our family more than I could have ever imagined when he sent this little girl to us. She makes me want to be a better person and I love her more than she will ever know.

Tonight, I'm reminiscent (if you couldn't already tell) and a little sad still. Tomorrow after work we leave for Provo, Utah for Maddie's bday party. This will be the first trip back since the Mr. Darcy debacle. It will be strange to say the least. I'm afraid to be there and of how I'll feel. I'll keep you updated. Pray for me.

Love, Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment